10 replies to this topic

#1 vince_o

vince_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

Well Im almost done with my oldest son Vince tractor. We got it from a friend in Alabama and with help from some other friends we dropped in a Mag 18 red clutch spring. Its a hoss for sure. Were getting it ready to plow in Charlotte in 2 weeks. All Im waiting on is my new rear tires and were set. This has been far the most fun weve had putting one togeather. I found my youngest son Danny a 482 basket case. I have an 18 comand sitting on the floor for it and Ill put a rear end out of a 124 or 100 in it. That will be another fun one too!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_9321.jpg
  • 100_9325.jpg

#2 Bermuda_Ken

Bermuda_Ken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,151 posts
  • Interests:IH & Kenworth literature, O-scale trains.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:21 PM

Are we going to "nick name" this tractor the "Chum Bucket"..?????..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get the RED EDGE......the IH Edge.....working for you!

Still looking for a IH 4300 Transtar Eagle Brougham Truck!! (like the one in the photo)

IH's owned past & present.......F-1206, F-806 sn# 501, CC Original # 522, CC Original(s), Spirit of 76 Cadet, 126, 1450, 1200, 1610 CADET prototype, 1250(2), 782(2), 782-Diesel(2), 982(2), 1912 & More!

See the LARGEST FREE listing of Modern IH tractor wiring diagrams on the internet (at least for now) by clicking....IH Tractor Wiring Diagrams

Visit the IH dealership I work at, Johnson Tractor (2012 Dealership of the Year) in Juda, WI......... www.johnsontractor.com

Contributing author for Red Power, Classic Farm & Tractor, Heritage Iron and Classic Tractor magazines. IH Tractor book author for Motorbooks, Voyager Press & Octane Press.......BUY A COPY & Read a book!!!
rededge.jpg

#3 The summoner 666

The summoner 666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Looking good Vince!.I see your helper is ready to ride...
How many cans did you use?

#4 vince_o

vince_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

Jut too hot to spray it and with the humiddity so high Ill bet theres a small farm pond of watter in my compressor. I do drain it out after every use but I dont have a dryer on it.

Now If you know my kids, and me, it will be worked hard and in about 4 years it will need repainted again! all my tractors work and work hard at times.

My wife worked in the body shop of a local tech school for like 4 or 5 years with some deaf kids. She enjoys taping off stuff and preping. We all get into it when something gets painted. all my paint jobs do is delay the rust prosess, these are not resto jobs, by any means! I have a couple of cco's with sireal numbers as long as Rt 66 that I will make one good one out of then give it to the guy I got this 582 from and let him paint it right for me. That one will be the only non worker I have.

Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_9328.jpg
  • 100_1013.jpg
  • 100_9298.jpg

#5 Ernest

Ernest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:52 AM

Looking good Vince!

#6 vince_o

vince_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

All I need is my tires and find the dang IH emblem. I still need to look a the kids tonka trucks, see if they changed them to IH.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1011.jpg
  • 100_9348.jpg

#7 Jeff D

Jeff D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

All I need is my tires and find the dang IH emblem. I still need to look a the kids tonka trucks, see if they changed them to IH.

Posted Image That 582 looks pretty good. Make sure you get a picture of the Tonka before you reclaim your badge.

Jeff

#8 Kyocum

Kyocum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

Turned out nice there Vince. Need some bigger meats on the rear end.lol

#9 vince_o

vince_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

Kelly

I just checked they are n Atl now so Im guessing that they are on the line haul to greenville terminal tonight. Brand new tires, LIL Vince owes me big time!

#10 vince_o

vince_o

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

Heres some pic's of the Deestone 23 10.50 12 tires. I dont recomend buying them! They are only 8.75 wide and a whole inch shorter then my Carlisle True powers. Too bad they stopped making these in this size! I have just 50 lbs of weight on this tractor and plows awsome!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_9359.jpg

Reply to this topic