LOLATC Tractor Show

5 replies to this topic

#1 Joe460

Joe460

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Watching my daughter thrive in 4-H activities, tinkering with our website, hanging out with my brothers working on whatever, and enjoying the friendship of guys in and around our area. Hope to have a specialty mowing business someday: that will allow for tractor seat time.

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:36 PM

The Land of Legend Antique Tractor Club (Licking County, Ohio) held its first day of a two-day annual show at the local Infirmary Mound Park. Although it was very muggy and spitting very sparse, intermittent drizzle, this year's weather was a far cry from last year's downpours and low 50s temperature. We had about 50 tractors show up for display and pulling today.

A pair of ACs: an IB in the foreground and an ED-40 behind it. The paint job on the ED is something else to behold.

InfirmaryMoundShow05ACIBEB40.jpg

This is a Hefty F and I know nothing about them.

InfirmaryMoundShow05HeftyF.jpg

A gorgeous Oliver 660. I've never seen one before, and this one's a beaut! If I wasn't a red guy, I could become an Oliver guy mighty easily. They're pretty cool.

InfirmaryMoundShow05Oliver660.jpg

An Oliver 66 Industrial. I ran this three years ago at the Fair doing shuttle work. It's a cute little bugger, but boy is the operator's platform cramped!

InfirmaryMoundShow05Oliver66Industrial.jpg

This little T-20 was the first thing that grabbed my attention when I arrived at the show.

InfirmaryMoundShow05IHT20.jpg

A pic of an IH stationary engine and the Club Farmall A raffle tractor. This is the first time I've seen the A in natural lighting and it looks very good. Anyone can buy tickets on this (hint, hint).

InfirmaryMoundShow05RaffleTractor.jpg

I thought this little Avery was pretty cool.

InfirmaryMoundShow05Avery.jpg

A nice Moline U.

InfirmaryMoundShow05MMU.jpg

Time to start playing! A Super H has a go on the Club's drag sled with a John Deere B added for dead weight. :D

InfirmaryMoundShow05MessingAround.jpg

There was a tug pull competition going on, too. This 460 LPG is far, far from stock and sounds baaaad to the bone with its straight stack and 4000 RPM capability. Wonder how long that puny 460 drive train will hold up?

InfirmaryMoundShow05460LPGonSled.jpg

Even the T-20 got into the drag sled action. Cousin Fred has added his H for resistance in this pic, but it didn't faze that T-20 a lick! That thing idled down the track with this load.

InfirmaryMoundShow05T20onSled.jpg
460s are cool, and W-9s rule! Old Oak Farmalls web master and finish painter wannabe. Ask me about 460 hydraulics and TAs. Visit us at http://www.oldoakfarmalls.com

#2 superdaughter

superdaughter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:54 AM

Those are really great pics, thanks a bunch for sharing.

#3 juliet

juliet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts
  • Interests:HSWK - If you have to ask, you don't need to know. If you know, you don't need to ask

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for sharing pics. Might run off with some of them :D You mentioned Olivers. Saw a really nice 1900 and a 80 I think they were a few days back at a show

.png
.png
I think they are getting too old for this bahahaha ^^ but love my girls...and rather partial to my man too lol
So my life has little spare time!

#4 Joe460

Joe460

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Watching my daughter thrive in 4-H activities, tinkering with our website, hanging out with my brothers working on whatever, and enjoying the friendship of guys in and around our area. Hope to have a specialty mowing business someday: that will allow for tractor seat time.

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

I found out more about that Hefty F today. They were built by the Hefty Tractor Company of Juneau, Wisconsin, a division of the Holton Axle and Transmission Company.

It was equipped with a Continental R 4-cyl OHV engine of 27HP @ 3300 RPM. The F had a six speed gearbox, 3-point hitch with up and down power and caliper-type disc brakes. They were built to compete with Ford 8Ns and Allis Gs, but foreign competition and Hefty trying to build everything in-house led them to reduce production and eventually bankrupcy ensued.

I don't have a year time-line on these events.
460s are cool, and W-9s rule! Old Oak Farmalls web master and finish painter wannabe. Ask me about 460 hydraulics and TAs. Visit us at http://www.oldoakfarmalls.com

#5 redgreen

redgreen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts
  • Interests:Are you kidding?
    Tractors - what else!

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for the view!
:D
dave
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33 NIV

In the shed: '42 "H", '45 "H", '49 "M" & some GREEN stuff too. Oh, get over it.....they're all old and still run!

Posted Image

#6 steve_966_756

steve_966_756

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:30 AM

thank for the pics.
looking for red iron in my price range

Reply to this topic