31 replies to this topic

#1 Az.Nick

Az.Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hey guys I reposted the web resource list we put together for the new Drott 150 owner and his clutch question. I got to thinking about our past conversations on how we could put this on the main RP community page/archives for easy access. I was able to edit my posting on the archives page and add the web recource topic/link into the first posting in the archives. Hopfully this well help with the frequently asked ?'s and benifical to all members. If you find new resources PM me (the site and what the info is for) and I can update from time to time. Posted Image

Update-

I'm adding the link to the Archives page below to make it easier to access and also added in a (date line) above the topic, so we know when it was last updated. This is the "most current resource list" anything posted after this is repetitive. Again, if you find new links PM me and I can update.

http://www.redpowerm...showtopic=30965

Nick
1960 TD9 (92) Drott 4&1 & rippers,,,,,,

#2 coffeecreek

coffeecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Nick , now if'n we could call people's attention to it . Could it be pinned at top of this page ? If pinned can it be edited / added to ? Thanks again .

#3 Az.Nick

Az.Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

Thanks Nick , now if'n we could call people's attention to it . Could it be pinned at top of this page ? If pinned can it be edited / added to ? Thanks again .

Yes, anyone can call attention or add a reply to this posting at any time, but you can't edit someone else's post. So with that being said the list would need to be copied and reposted with a reply each time someone adds their new info. This would turn the posting into mulit page topic real quick. This is what we were discussing awhile back, on how we could have one list that everone could access/update. CC I'm not sure if'n it can be pinned and might be the job of a moderator,which we haven't had much assistance with in the past.

Nick

#4 coffeecreek

coffeecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

How bout a quick pinned ( maybe pinned is the wrong term , will look ) post say'n there is a list in the archives page ? Just thinking about directing a search . I do usually search a subject but sometimes finding the correct words or phrase is tough . Was also thinking of space and posts eventualy get deleted . Just thought subject was important enough to explore . Some of the combind knowledge on here is priceless and I for one don't want to loose it . Already miss some of the members that don't post anymore in the short time I've been here . :( Haven't heard anything from Russell , Restoman and a few others in a while ) .

#5 Az.Nick

Az.Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

How bout a quick pinned ( maybe pinned is the wrong term , will look ) post say'n there is a list in the archives page ? Just thinking about directing a search . I do usually search a subject but sometimes finding the correct words or phrase is tough . Was also thinking of space and posts eventualy get deleted . Just thought subject was important enough to explore . Some of the combind knowledge on here is priceless and I for one don't want to loose it . Already miss some of the members that don't post anymore in the short time I've been here . :( Haven't heard anything from Russell , Restoman and a few others in a while ) .

I'm up for whatever works best. I don't know too much about all the computer stuff. If anyone else has any thoughts, bring them on. As for not hearing from others, it happens from time to time (we get busy) they will be back soon. :unsure:

#6 rocko59

rocko59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Interests:"most " machinery, especially heavy equipment & trains, BIG trucks, operating, repairing machinery, studying & collecting machinery tech books, literature & pics-lots of pics! Computers, cars(Mopars & FoMoCo's), 4 by 4's & too many other things to list.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hi IH fans I'm still here, just been real busy & away from this thing. I check in now & then. R59
From the Okanagan valley in beautiful British Columbia, maybe THE place with the highest concentration of IH crawlers and according to IH, when they were going strong, some of the toughest conditions for logging equipment, they sent a lot of machines to southern BC to R&D!! IH/Dresser Mechanic since 1987, a few before that too, TD25's are great, TD20E's sound awesome!! Worked on TD5's to TD25G's. TD15C number 501, the very first one is still working near here. I have a Hough model 12 track loader S/N PL12-647 and a TD15-151, S/N 4864.

#7 Az.Nick

Az.Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

Hi IH fans I'm still here, just been real busy & away from this thing. I check in now & then. R59

Good to hear.....talk to you soon.

Nick

#8 hardtail

hardtail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts
  • Interests:IH crawlers and harleys and anything that gives a rough ride!<br />If it's loud and crude I'll probably like it.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

AzN if you could inject that info into that sticky you managed to pull off.......that would be great.........it doesn't look like we'll ever get it any other way.........
Singles are cool, dual stackers rule, to deny this, you must be a fool.
Opportunity only knocks once, tempation leans on the doorbell

#9 Az.Nick

Az.Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

AzN if you could inject that info into that sticky you managed to pull off.......that would be great.........it doesn't look like we'll ever get it any other way.........

Can you check and see if you can access it in the archives, i can. Also, are you talking about posting the list of resources in place of the link?

Nick

#10 Rawleigh99

Rawleigh99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

Good luck with our non-existent moderator!! I wonder if they could anoint one of use to post stickies for useful info? Maybe someone could talk to Sally about it?
Rawleigh

1973 IH 500C a.k.a."Calico Cat"
1955 Cat D2 5U bulldozer with Hyster D2N winch
1945 Cat D2 3J crawler tractor
1979 Pettibone "Super 6" Forklift a.k.a. "Too Tall"
1973 Ford F600 Dump Truck
1980 Ford F350 Flatbed a.k.a. "Beastie"
1960 Allis Chalmers Model 72 All Crop combine
1966 Case 931 Comfort King Tractor

Sold:

1988 Mack R688ST Road Tractor
1955 IH TD 9 with Drott Loader