56 canopy fender?

5 replies to this topic

#1 IH 966

IH 966

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

well first off im going to put fenders and a canopy on my 1456. right now it has a factory deluxe cab. is there certain fenders that go with the canopy setup? also the fenders wont bolt to the platform will they?? i cant remember... <_<
Everyone bleeds RED!

#2 ihman1468

ihman1468

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:collector of the great IH tractors and products

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

well first off im going to put fenders and a canopy on my 1456. right now it has a factory deluxe cab. is there certain fenders that go with the canopy setup? also the fenders wont bolt to the platform will they?? i cant remember... <_<

there are fenders with the correct part numbers for a canopy. and no they dont bolt to the platform

#3 aar

aar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:All things IH, from Cub Cadets to Pullers and most everything in between

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

Where can u get the correct ones for a 1066 Hydro?
806d,450g, 45M,53 golden jubilee, building pullers

#4 7and8and1456

7and8and1456

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

there are fenders with the correct part numbers for a canopy. and no they dont bolt to the platform

Fenders used with a ROPS have different numbers than axle-mounted fenders. ROPS mounted fenders have holes for mounting to the ROPS already drilled in them from the factory. Hence the different number. Get any 06, 56 fender and drill your own holes.
Be advised that platform on cab equipped tractor is not the same as non-cab tractor. Cab platform has upward turned flange for bolting to cab walls and is shorter to the rear. Non-cab platform has downward turned flange , is wider, and longer to the rear. Been there, done that. I modified my cab platform by cutting off the upward flange , welding some angle and flat bar stock in proper places to make the platform practically indistinguishable from the factory non-cab platform .

#5 JD Humm

JD Humm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,011 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:21 AM

We took the axle mounts off the flat tops and drilled holes in the fenders to match the holes on the roll bar and canopy when we added the roll bar to the 706.

The 706 did not come out with the flat top fenders, dad bought a new take off set from the IH dealership in the late sixties for that tractor.

#6 756man

756man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Actually the ROPS mounted fenders had an additional horizontal brace in them, giving them 2 instead of 1 braces, henceforth the part number change.

Reply to this topic