Photo

Row Buster Plow

6 replies to this topic

#1 Mudtrack

Mudtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, SpringBranch....... Tractors, Crawlers (especially IH). Shooting and Gentleman Farming!

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:52 AM

Looking for a one wheel gas powered garden plow referred to as a "Row Buster" or "Mule". Used for small gardens. Had one back in the 80's. Almost like plowing with a real mule! Anyone with information on new or used will be appreciated, or suppliers.

Thanks!

#2 DT361

DT361

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

I think they were originally made by Carter Brother's in Alabama. Now, they make go-carts.....go figure. People still make that type that are three point....Google "middle buster plow" and see if that's what you are looking for. If you Google images, you will see some pictures.

Mark
450 gasser #37895; 1206 #7930

#3 to_many_irons

to_many_irons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:.tired iron most any kind.gear head at heart

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

mudtrack like your pic . is that 22b , is she set up for a drag ?

#4 Mudtrack

Mudtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, SpringBranch....... Tractors, Crawlers (especially IH). Shooting and Gentleman Farming!

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

Yes, it is a 22B (1968) rigged for dragline. Also have backhoe boom, "A" frame and Vee bucket with a 3 to 1 slope. A 10B or 15B is on my wish list.

#5 Mudtrack

Mudtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

I think they were originally made by Carter Brother's in Alabama. Now, they make go-carts.....go figure. People still make that type that are three point....Google "middle buster plow" and see if that's what you are looking for. If you Google images, you will see some pictures.

Mark

#6 to_many_irons

to_many_irons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:.tired iron most any kind.gear head at heart

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

i like them old rigs . i want a 22b with a pup start d 318 . only ran a drag line. i like to try a shovel front and a backhoe
what do you have for power ?

#7 Mudtrack

Mudtrack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Mark

Mark,

Thanks! Heard that hurricanes and a fire wiped out that end of Carter Bros.? I found a co. in MS, Maxim Manufacturing that is now again producing a plow very similar to the RowBuster. It is the "Boss Hoss" they stopped producing a few years back (lack of demand) now they are giving it another shot. Couple downsides is cost around $1,200.00 plus long waiting list and payment with order. Order one today will be late March to get it.

Thanks again for the reply

Reply to this topic