Ingersoll-Rand Gyro-Flo 85 air compressor

3 replies to this topic

#1 bruce oz

bruce oz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

posting this info for someone else ,any info would be of a help ,thank you ,bruce oz

NorthWind
A young co-worker of mine bought an Ingersoll-Rand Gyro-Flo 85 air compressor last year for use in his budding graphics business. He etches graphics, pictures, whatever you want on concrete walls, sidewalks, tombstones, you name it. Well it seems that while the rig still runs quite well he noticed coolant in the oil when he changed oil this past August.
Since he doesnít have a garage let alone a workshop I told him to bring it over and it would be second in line for this winters shop time.

I called the local IR dealer and he said that he could get manual and parts for the air compressor part but didnít have a clue as to the engine. The engine is an International and this are the numbers off of the engine tag. 135CU 2U126518. So I called the Case IH dealer. He doesnít have any idea as to who would be the source for manual and parts for the engine.
Iím sure this engine was used in many other applications. Google wasnít my friend today looking for information on this unit. Any Ideas where I might find a manual and parts source?

Attached Thumbnails

• PA300001.JPG

#2 cliff

cliff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:old Farmalls and TracTracTors, Old IH trucks and related stuff, and Vintage Volkswagen autos.

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:41 AM

Can you get some pics of the engine? It's probably a C-135..there are two versions of this..early and late..the difference is in the rod bearing width..early had the thin bearing late had the wide. My T-340 has the C-135 gas in it and parts weren't too difficult to locate..the main thing that was pricey as all git out was the oil pump. (bank loan)
1936 T-20, 1939 TD-35, 1938 F-20, 1936 F-20, 1939 F-14, 1939 F-12, 1928 Regular, 1973 IH COF 4070a, 1959 T-340, 1894 No 3 McCormick Mower. 1953 Super C
Soon to be single again.

#3 Big Don

Big Don

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:55 AM

Bruce,
We also have an IR 85 air compreesor. Ours came with a C135B engine. If your dealer looks up engine parts for a 404 tractor, that should be correct. There MAY have been an earlier version of that compressor that used a plain C135, but I don't know for sure. I think the main difference is the number of head bolts (9 on the early ones and 14 on the "B" series) which then meant different gaskets. Upon further looking, it seems the change was at engine ser.#100500 so I think yours will be the C135B.
Don

#4 rmsls1

rmsls1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

posting this info for someone else ,any info would be of a help ,thank you ,bruce oz

NorthWind
A young co-worker of mine bought an Ingersoll-Rand Gyro-Flo 85 air compressor last year for use in his budding graphics business. He etches graphics, pictures, whatever you want on concrete walls, sidewalks, tombstones, you name it. Well it seems that while the rig still runs quite well he noticed coolant in the oil when he changed oil this past August.
Since he doesn’t have a garage let alone a workshop I told him to bring it over and it would be second in line for this winters shop time.

I called the local IR dealer and he said that he could get manual and parts for the air compressor part but didn’t have a clue as to the engine. The engine is an International and this are the numbers off of the engine tag. 135CU 2U126518. So I called the Case IH dealer. He doesn’t have any idea as to who would be the source for manual and parts for the engine.
I’m sure this engine was used in many other applications. Google wasn’t my friend today looking for information on this unit. Any Ideas where I might find a manual and parts source

Did you ever get a operators manul for you Gyro-Flo 85.    I cannot find one here.  

Reply to this topic