Photo

Is $2500 A Fair Price For My RWA 715 IH Combine?

23 replies to this topic

#1 1206SWMO

1206SWMO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'm going to be selling my 1978 715 IH combine with the Mud Hog.It has a couple of problems.The hydro is weak but I have a complete one in good shape that goes with it.The D310 has about 500 hours on an expensive complete rebuild but the rear main leaks.It was last used in 2005 when I cut 250 acres of beans with it.A 15 ft 810 header goes with it plus lots of extra parts,belts,etc.

I figure that the Mud Hog alone is worth $1500 or more.If the deal goes thru this combine could be making quite a trip to a land far away.More later.I dont want to ask too much for it.They want it mainly for the Mud Hog and for future parts for a low hour 715 IH.

#2 tommyw-5088

tommyw-5088

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:trying to educate people on how bad liberals are .

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

2 of them listed on tractorhouse 1- for 800$ needing engine work ,and another in fair condt. for 2000$ . you seem to be in the ballpark$$ . too cheap if anything -imo.
To all the white people of America who honestly feel that the black people have been so mistreated and given such a bad deal in this country I can only suggest that you should move yourself and your family, if you have such, into one of their neighborhoods and do everything necessary to become a integral part of their society, make every effort to blend your lifestyle into theirs, go to their stores, churches, and social gathering places for your needed things in life. send your children to schools where their children are the majority of the enrollment, and where they mostly compose the faculty and administration, get a job where they are in the majority and hold the important management positions...and most importantly of all, go the many prisons where they are being, justly...and unjustly, incarcerated and visit them and see them trying to be rehabilitated, but obviously so suppressed in their efforts that rehabilitation is just impossible. Then, after you have really gotten to know these people...many, many, many of them, from all walks of their lives and societies, and seeing their obvious appreciation of life in America, come forward and make suggestions as to how we white people should go about changing our ideals and society to better accept and integrate these people into our lives so that in a reasonable amount time there will be no more distinctions or differences in how we whites and blacks view each other and the hoped for blending and melding of our races can be completed and we can love and appreciate one another as you must think God intended.

I cannot take credit for these words ,Wish i could

#3 JD Humm

JD Humm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

I agree with Tommy, a little on the cheap side considering what the mud hog is worth.

#4 exSW

exSW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts
  • Interests:Red farm and Construction equipment,fast cars,guns

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

Late 715,Hydro,fresh 310,Mudhog and lots of spare parts, in this part of the country that is a steal.Big combines don't like small fields good smaller diesel machines are very sought after.

66 706D NF FH,59 560D,54 TD-6(sold),Model 46 baler,Model 76 combine,Model 155 Spreader,Model 56 planter,100 FH mower,463 FH cult(2),782 Cub Cadet(2),682 INTERNATIONAL Cub Cadet,1650 cubcadet w/50A mower and 1A(?) rototiller,311 FH plows(3),FH subsoiler,Fast hitch carry-all,10'8" FH disk,FH post hole digger(needs ring gear),FH landside hitch(I think) and looking for more!

Member Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineer's and Trainmen Division 757
UT Martin '87
"Get there the firstis' with the mostis'"Nathan Bedford Forrest
Sire of:2011-2012 PA State FFA Association Sentinel (TLC)
Scars are Tattoos with better stories

#5 Aaron

Aaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

Blaine I bought my 715 for $2500 in 1999. Sold it in Jan/Feb. of 05' for $2500. It had around 2800 hours and the engine was rebuilt around 1300 (vandalism). It was in excellent shape. So for what you are asking it may be right on to a bit low having not seen it. A nice gasser would bring $1000 here.
Golden Gate Farms-Momence, ILL Est. 1903

#6 Ron K

Ron K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay. In my area you would get scrap price for an older combine. (The large farms do not want an older combine) But some areas still farm with smaller older machinery. Hate to say it but, I have junked many older combines out for just the engine.

#7 brewcrew

brewcrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:28 AM

It is worth what ever someone is willing to pay. In my area you would get scrap price for an older combine. (The large farms do not want an older combine) But some areas still farm with smaller older machinery. Hate to say it but, I have junked many older combines out for just the engine.

Same situation here. Guess that's why combine demolition derbies are getting popular. NOT saying the 715 in question is or should be destined for such a demise. But around here people realize that newer is better, and nobody is willing to run something that small even in pristine condition. I have been buying combines for the price of the engines, or less, and derbying them and scrapping them.
Not that any of this helps you, though. :(

#8 boog

boog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,577 posts
  • Interests:boogville , the BS capital of the world

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

Blaine, do you still have the std rear axle. Was thinking if you did you might get a little more money out of it swapping out the Mud Hog & selling it seperate

IH tractors currently owned: '49 M, '52 SM, '53 stage 1 SM,  '53 stage 2 L-SM,  '54 SMTA, '66 806D w 2355 loader, co-own a '66 1206 with IHboog, store a '66 706 German for IHboog. IH / CIH equipmemt - ''13 Maxxum 115, 11 MX 275, '10 STX 435, '03 MX255, '12 7120 combine w/ 40' 2162 draper & 4412 ch,  '07 3310 sprayer,  '12 1250 16x30" planter, 12/23 12oo planter, 34' 330 True Tandem , 18' 870 , 7x16" 720 on-land plow, 6x18" 720 in-furrow plow, , #60 4X16" Plow, #1300 3 pt 9' sickle bar mower

#9 hagan

hagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:grandpas 41 H & my first tractor 63 806sn673 are my prize possessions Farming tractors 96 7210 2wd: 90 7110 MFWD: 92 7140 MFWD: and my 61 560 D is the old pump tractor that is pretty beat up.
    1440 Combine: CaseIH 8590 Baler:MF 9635 rotary windrower with double crimper :dads 63 loadstar 1600 that i haul the first load of crop to elevator with each year

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:38 AM

Tell me this deal is crazy on new combine prices. I took my ol 4000 hour 715 with the D301 and cut $15,000 worth of wheat in 2 very short afternoons. Had no trouble but i keep it inside. When i have a lot to cut i hire it done but now days it is getting really hard to find someone to cut in our area. The combines are all gone.
Last summer at a sale i saw a 403 hydro with gas engine white cab 1970 or newer with less than 500 hours with a nearly new $500 water cooler on top of the cab bring $400 and it was smashed for junk.
If someone needs it to cut a little crop it is cheaper than a broom.

#10 Ron K

Ron K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:30 PM

Same situation here. Guess that's why combine demolition derbies are getting popular. NOT saying the 715 in question is or should be destined for such a demise. But around here people realize that newer is better, and nobody is willing to run something that small even in pristine condition. I have been buying combines for the price of the engines, or less, and derbying them and scrapping them.
Not that any of this helps you, though. :(

The combine demo derbies are popular here to. I have purchased many 403,503, 715, 815, 915 IH for several hundred dollars. Always looking for old IH tractors with bad engines to rebuild. Most combines I have purchased would still work in the field. Dealers don't want to carry parts and if you have several hundred or thousand acres to combine you can not be broke down now days. The new Case IH combines do so much better job combining I would not even think of using an old conventional combine. The Rotary combines will easily pay for them selves in a short time over a conventional combine.

Reply to this topic