12 replies to this topic

#1 Bud W.

Bud W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

I have several IH construction brochures from the late '60's which I used for a paper on logging procedures and equipment used during the late 1960's. Among these are a brochure on the TD -30, International 75 - 95 HP engines ( power units, both gas and diesel), and a small pocket size brochure showing International full line of construction equipment and attachments. The company that I interviewed at the time, a hometown concern, which my grandfather helped form during the time the country was changing from horse-powered farming to mechanical means, used some internatioinal equipment. The company had a TD-15, several 150 loaders and a red TD-6 along with International trucks. They also used Clark skidders and a Pre-Hauler made by Tree-Farmer, I think, Michigan and Cat rubber-tired loaders.

I will try to post pictures if I can find a scanner to use with my computer. The TD-30 pictures and the full-line catalog bring back fond memories when IH was a major player in the construction market.

Where do you guys get parts for your IH Industrial machines? I would think it would be hard considering Dresser, Komatsu, and now the Polish company that ended up with the crawler line. Are any parts still available from Case-IH?

#2 WEK

WEK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:25 PM

[quote name='Bud W.' date='Mar 15 2005, 07:39 PM']
I have several IH construction brochures from the late '60's which I used for a paper on logging procedures and equipment used during the late 1960's. Among these are a brochure on the TD -30

Bud, I would be especially interested in seeing high-resolution scans of the TD-30 crawler brochure in its entirety (as similar to Rocko's postings)

Thanx!

Dressta would be your best source probably for new parts..junkyards best source for used parts.

#3 ozfarm

ozfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:04 PM

i get mine bits off the IH/Hough/dresser aftermarket suppliers, sorta located a couple of nice tame suppliers who use a pencil to write the bill instead of a salad fork

about the only thing i have got off NSKomatsu was the shim packs on the output shaft for a IH 530 payloader, oddly enough they where same price at either of my suppliers

rocko59 will know what they are

needed a seal kit for the parking brake air cyl
NSKomatsu $320
IHK $42

fairly simple choice wasnt it :D :D

"THE V8 HUNTER
Rural Wrecking
WA Division
Ozfarms Vintage Garden Tractors
and common garden variety genius

109 CubCadet SnowPlough(whisked out of my grasp by a cunning 696IH who exploited my weak point),682 CubCadet 782 CubCadet,,JD 140H3,JD112,JD110,660D,560D NF Fast Hitch,540 ploughTD9,,TD9B,150,Farmall Cub , Farmall C,2btm plough, Farmall 340,FH plough,mower,blade
and other goodies too fascinating to mention
i gotta snowplough now......

#4 rocko59

rocko59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Interests:"most " machinery, especially heavy equipment & trains, BIG trucks, operating, repairing machinery, studying & collecting machinery tech books, literature & pics-lots of pics! Computers, cars(Mopars & FoMoCo's), 4 by 4's & too many other things to list.

Posted 16 March 2005 - 01:37 AM

Hi Ozfarm That reminds me of a job I did last yr on a 520B loader. A local farmer bought it at Ritchie Bros sale, he said it drove good there, when he got it home he found out it had no 2nd or 3rd . I went & checked it out & the trans pressures were haywire, so I told him it's internal & we'll have to pull it out. He hauled it to the shop & I found that the 2-3 shaft had eaten right into the case where the seal rings are & the bearing at the other end was REALLY haywired, it had the original outer race ground out on one side so a smaller ball bearing fit into it & it had a electrical conduit nut for a spacer etc!!
We have a very large stock of new IH/Dresser parts for most of the crawlers , from TD6 to late TD25's & a fair bit of loader stuff, we can source almost anything needed for the line. Also have a very large stock of used parts too! Check out our website by clicking on my handle & looking in My Profile. We ship parts to quite a few countries. Russ B)
From the Okanagan valley in beautiful British Columbia, maybe THE place with the highest concentration of IH crawlers and according to IH, when they were going strong, some of the toughest conditions for logging equipment, they sent a lot of machines to southern BC to R&D!! IH/Dresser Mechanic since 1987, a few before that too, TD25's are great, TD20E's sound awesome!! Worked on TD5's to TD25G's. TD15C number 501, the very first one is still working near here. I have a Hough model 12 track loader S/N PL12-647 and a TD15-151, S/N 4864.

#5 sdunston

sdunston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:08 PM

Are you guys gonna post any of those brochures or just teese us LOL
thanks Sam

#6 Bud W.

Bud W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:48 PM

Are you guys gonna post any of those brochures or just teese us LOL
thanks Sam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to try to get the images scanned and printed in this thread. I'm not to good at this computer stuff, but as soon as I can get some helpI will post the TD-30 brochure and parts of the others. BTW in one of the brochures a sideboom on a TD-15 shows a welder chained to a transmission pipe and it mentions a Pay-Welder. Have any of you heard of this item?

Bud W.

#7 rocko59

rocko59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
  • Interests:&quot;most &quot; machinery, especially heavy equipment &amp; trains, BIG trucks, operating, repairing machinery, studying &amp; collecting machinery tech books, literature &amp; pics-lots of pics! Computers, cars(Mopars &amp; FoMoCo's), 4 by 4's &amp; too many other things to list.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:17 AM

Hi Bud Looking forward to seeing those brochures, I have seenreferences to Pay Welders in the engine spec manuals, will hafta see what info I can come up with. Russ B)
From the Okanagan valley in beautiful British Columbia, maybe THE place with the highest concentration of IH crawlers and according to IH, when they were going strong, some of the toughest conditions for logging equipment, they sent a lot of machines to southern BC to R&D!! IH/Dresser Mechanic since 1987, a few before that too, TD25's are great, TD20E's sound awesome!! Worked on TD5's to TD25G's. TD15C number 501, the very first one is still working near here. I have a Hough model 12 track loader S/N PL12-647 and a TD15-151, S/N 4864.

#8 Drott-150

Drott-150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

Hey Bud that's great to hear about the info you have. I'm always looking for stuff on the IH tracked loaders from the 50's on up to the 70's and even 80's. If you have lots of pics of 150's, that would be terrific, I would LOVE to see those. If you need any help posting them pics just let us know...thanks.

#9 matbush

matbush

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:IH tractors, machinery, equipment & history
    Our german IH archieve !!!

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

Here´s something from the german crawler front.

raupe.jpg

#10 Chuck_7777

Chuck_7777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:IH Tractors built in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

Bud W --- I'd sure like to see your TD 30 brochures and the others you have, so I hope you'll get an opportunity to scan 'em.

Matbush --- Thanks for posting your German TD 24!

It's a real pleasure to see all of these International Crawlers and all other IH Construction Machines.

Reply to this topic