1 reply to this topic

#1 Drott-150

Drott-150

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

I've been looking at these big IH 4x4 backhoes online for some time now. I think they look pretty good, I like all that size and power along with having 4WD. Plus they have a large hoe capable of digging nice and deep and are also available with a 4-1 . I also think those big Dynahoes are cool, but those almost seem to be to the point of absurdity in size and weight (plus I don't like those screaming 2 stroke detroits they have).

But does anyone have experience with these 3800 IH backhoes? Are they any good? Any known problems? And if anyone has experience with the Dynahoes that'd be interesting too. From what I heard the later model Dynahoes also came with JDeere diesel engines.

ih_hoe.jpg

#2 trackhead

trackhead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

I have a 3600A which is the next smaller size, a more conventional 2WD type backhoe but the backhoe attachment itself on the back was the same for a 3600 and a 3800. They are a good machine but kind of an unhandy, ungainly thing for backhoe work. If you do more loader work or need to get to hard-to-get-to spots and do a little hoe work they are a great machine. For production trenching, hour after hour, too slow and unhandy.

Reply to this topic