5 replies to this topic

#1 JD Humm

JD Humm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,912 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:10 PM

I had a nice conversation with Pat this afternoon. Sounds like that job he is on will be winding down in a couple of weeks, and he may get to head home.

Pat has not been home since he left the first of the year. The company he is working for has a branch in Indianapolis, the forman on the job said he would put in a recomendation for Pat, with that branch, when he returns home.

Pat seems to be in good spirits, he is going to a Florida fly wheeler's event this Thursday, taking a day off.

Sounds like he has made enough money on this stretch of work to pay for his out of town living expenses and catch up quite a bit on the home front, too.

I told him he had to be a heck of a man to stay away from home for that long of a period without at least a short visit, and he relayed the fact to me that he was ready to get home and stay.

Hopefully work will be busy again when he returns home and he doesn't have to leave town for employment again.

#2 Maynard

Maynard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:05 PM

Good news Jere,
Pat is indeed a swell guy. Gotta be hard to be away from home that long.
Probably not easy on Diana having to deal with some of the weather we have had here since Pat left for work.

Diana and I attended the same church when we were children, my wife was in the same class as Diana, I first met Pat at their high school reunion several years ago. Needless to say we hit it off well.

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up

"Yet people are considered to be "educated" after they have spent so many years in ivy-covered buildings, absorbing the preconceptions that prevail there."
Thomas Sowell

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"

Thomas Sowell

#3 mike_newman

mike_newman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts
  • Interests:30 IHC projects waiting--some completed

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:13 PM

Dang!!

About two years in the Caribbean........
Bloke needs to be sent to the home for the mentally impaired :( :( :( :(

Mike
I like old tractors and old lever rifles and drinking black billy tea, while sitting round a campfire....or most any time at all

you will have to excuse my internet interlect....it is around the IQ of an ice age vegetarian

#4 JD Humm

JD Humm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,912 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:33 PM

Forgot to add that the project Pat is working on is a large Wal Mart warehouse, over a million square feet under one roof and let me tell ya, I know from experience that would involve a whole lot of pipe and sprinkler heads.

Pat took a minor fall and slightly injured his leg but said it was just a day or two of moving rather stiffly and then it was pretty much all over.

He has been in 70 and 80 degree temps while we in the mid west have been freezing so it hasn't been all bad down there.

We must have talked for an hour, and as I think of more things he had to say I will post them.

#5 Putt-Putt Operator

Putt-Putt Operator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

Jere - that's good news. Appreciated, as always, when we can find out how a good member of the board is doing.

#6 F986

F986

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:05 AM

Glad he is doing well and also glad he has a prospective job in Indy when he gets back, that would sure be good. Has to be hard to away like that, I guess you do what you must but that would be real tough. Thanks for the update Jere. ;)
IH products:786, Super M, 127 Cadet, IH fridge 1949 model, 1420 Axial Flow w/810 and 963

Allis-Chalmers Products: 8050 MFD, 701 running gear
Kubota M9000, the other orange.....
White 8100 planter
Great Plains 1500 NT drill
Hardi Ranger sprayer

In the conversion stages to all no-till.

Reply to this topic