4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Roper

Mr. Roper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:05 AM

I need to replace some parts on my 1975 1466 red cab.
The fillers that go between the cab floor and lower front side windows to join the tractor hood. They fill the gaps all the way from the front of cab to back under the dash just in front of the pedals. I need both sides, the ones I have are made of some kind of fiberglass type material and are in bad shape. I think IH may call them kickplates, but was told they are no longer available. Imagine that. :angry:
Anybody have ideas or know of a cab that has been taken off that does not need these pieces, it would sure help keep the cab cooler, cleaner and quieter. I tried a IH salvage yard in Iowa and they did not have them. If I can find these I may even try to fix the air conditioner back up. Any ideas ??

#2 EJH1466

EJH1466

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Interests:Farming, spending time with the family, going to auctions and fixing up old tractors and machinery

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Have you tried the salvage yard in Colfax? I think the number is 1-800-284-3001

Tuebel's Salvage in Bloomfield is the yard we go to quite a bit. I don't know if they would have them, but you might give them a try. Their number is 641-722-3844

Have you looked here: http://www.worthingtonagparts.com/

They have a place where you can search for what you are looking for. Just click on online salvage. I see two 14's there that have factory cabs on them. Don't know if they have what you're looking for on them though!
Eric
1976 IH 1066, 1974 IH 1466, 1973 JD 4230, 1960 JD 730D, 1953 IH Super H, 1952 IH Super M, 1976 Gleaner L

#3 Mr. Roper

Mr. Roper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Eric. I will try them also. There has to be some out there somewhere that are not in use.

#4 ole three bottom

ole three bottom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

If I read your post correctly you need the two black pannels that are made of fiber glas that bolt on ti the side of the tractot just inside the cab. They cobe up where the batterys would be mounted if the tractor was and open station. I have an extras set of those. If your intrusted pm me.

Pat
Little Wonder, I'm no Little Genius. But I get closer to being a #60 with each passing year.

Grandpa's Surer H, 1944 H, My ole 1066, 710 6-16 Automatic, Little Genius plows, 1 and 2 bottom ,2 bottom Little Wonder,2-#27V mowers, a #25 mower, #7 mower, 240 HM, 2 row cultivators, High wheel McCormick grain drill, S-3 Cream Separator. Collecting ole Red Iron can be expensive, But It sure is fun.

#5 Mr. Roper

Mr. Roper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

Thanks Pat. Been havin puter troubles but i will try and PM you. Thanks.

Reply to this topic