Photo

Its April 15th And The Wheat Is Heading!!!

11 replies to this topic

#1 1206SWMO

1206SWMO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:26 PM

Our crazy mixed up weather along with the drought has already got the wheat heading.Its 2-3 weeks too early.Weve had 3 days in a row of upper 80's-low 90's.

Saw this today in both Kansas and MO.Alot of the wheat is only 6-12" tall.If theres anything there we may have to unlock the floating bar and cut it like soybeans.

#2 tommyw-5088

tommyw-5088

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:trying to educate people on how bad liberals are .

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

2nd year of a failed wheat crop here , i did see a little that looked fair . there will be several thousand acres here that wont be fit to cut.
To all the white people of America who honestly feel that the black people have been so mistreated and given such a bad deal in this country I can only suggest that you should move yourself and your family, if you have such, into one of their neighborhoods and do everything necessary to become a integral part of their society, make every effort to blend your lifestyle into theirs, go to their stores, churches, and social gathering places for your needed things in life. send your children to schools where their children are the majority of the enrollment, and where they mostly compose the faculty and administration, get a job where they are in the majority and hold the important management positions...and most importantly of all, go the many prisons where they are being, justly...and unjustly, incarcerated and visit them and see them trying to be rehabilitated, but obviously so suppressed in their efforts that rehabilitation is just impossible. Then, after you have really gotten to know these people...many, many, many of them, from all walks of their lives and societies, and seeing their obvious appreciation of life in America, come forward and make suggestions as to how we white people should go about changing our ideals and society to better accept and integrate these people into our lives so that in a reasonable amount time there will be no more distinctions or differences in how we whites and blacks view each other and the hoped for blending and melding of our races can be completed and we can love and appreciate one another as you must think God intended.

I cannot take credit for these words ,Wish i could

#3 MOChad

MOChad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

Did a little probing and digging here today. The corn ground has got a little moisture under it. The hay, pasture, and wheat ground are really dry. It rained just a very little today. We could sure use some good soaking rains.
Present CaseIH 7140, 7120, 5240, 5140, IH 5488, IH 1466, 966. 1480

Family IH's past M, 400x2, 450, 460x2, 706G, 856, 1256, 966, 1086, 895CIH

Too bad Ignorance isn't painful!

#4 Detroit

Detroit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,551 posts
  • Interests:I've got a 1206 and a 1468. Olivers, Molines, and Massey. And a 7520 Deere.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

Ours is heading out too....and its short too. I figure that its a good 2 weeks early. Guess it was all the warm days we had back in the winter that has got it messed up. We hit a few days in January and February in the 70's and 80's...
Go Hogs Go!!

#5 Paul_L

Paul_L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:22 AM

I feel sorry for you guys , you just seem to get a break!.........were finaly haveing a normal spring up here........finaly!

Paul

#6 Red_Man

Red_Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Interests:I collect Farmalls and 1/16th scale farm toys, and play guitar.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

Sorry to hear that Blaine, I don't have any wheat, but planted 460 acres of corn this week. We are getting dry, 'posed to have showers this morning, then again tonight, we had .7" a week ago Friday. I sure don't like the way this year is starting out, I've already planted 2 river bottoms that usually have wet spots in them and we have been in the mid to upper 80's this week too with a couple of days that were too windy to spray or spread fertilizer. I have 265 acres of corn to go, most of it is on bottom ground and wet natured upland and is all within 2 miles of the house and less.

Collector of red who farms with green. '49 Farmall C, Super MTA,  Farmall 350 (I'm the 2nd owner), '62 Farmall 460 Diesel. Fast hitch sub-soiler, fh 2 bottom plow, and fh grader blade. Deeres>'71 3020 Diesel, '12 7215R MFWD with IVT tranny, '03 7320 MFWD, '14 S660 combine, 608 Corn Head, 630 Flex Platform, 750 J & M grain cart, '13 1770 Front Fold Flex Vacuum 12 row planter,'13 30' 1990 CCS air drill, 5 shank Unverferth Zone Builder, 32' To The Max Harrow, 2005 Peterbilt 10 wheeler with new 20' Scott bed and hoist, 2002 Sterling ten wheeler with new 20' Scott bed and hoist, and an '14 Silverado 1/2 4x4 Extended cab. "Hey y'all, watch this!" "!

#7 1967806

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,924 posts
  • Interests:Farming
    Tractor pulling
    Restoring tractors and machinery.
    Collecting farm toys
    Shop projects, welding and such.
    Shooting guns
    Wood working

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:36 AM

Blaine;

Sorry to hear you are getting the short end of the stick again this year. We are off to a pretty good start here. I finished planting my 70 acres of corn yesterday and just beat a little shower. It started raining as I was making the last round but it wasnt enough to stop a person. A half hour later the sun came out. Could have kept on going. We planted sweet corn after that too. Then last night we got a nice soaking inch or so of rain here in town. I hope we got it at Dads. That will make things sprout up nicely.
LOOKING FOR 806 SERIAL NUMBERS.
TRYING TO FIND 806 # 41393 AND 806 # 41395
806 serial number list as of 9-25-09
Mechanic by trade, farmer by heart.
Also sell Nutech seed
http://www.yieldleader.com/
Machines owned;
72 1466 White Cab with a 3LM
71 1466 Open Station with a 3LM
81 5288
91 7130 MFD
81 7720 4WD combine and 920 head
2600 12/23 Kinze
5 Shank Blue Jet Subtiller to slow them down
CaseIH 6500 consertill disk chisel
50 B John Deere
44AH 2x14 John Deere Plow
24T John Deere Baler
1209 John Deere Mower
94 K2500 4x4 Silverado
04 starlite gooseneck flatbed
Click the link below to see my online album.
My photo album
My Youtube videos below
http://www.youtube.com/danred806

#8 Old Pokey

Old Pokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  • Interests:Track layers. High speed tracks and undercarriages.<br /><br /> Target shooting.

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:28 AM

Our crazy mixed up weather along with the drought has already got the wheat heading.Its 2-3 weeks too early.Weve had 3 days in a row of upper 80's-low 90's.

Saw this today in both Kansas and MO.Alot of the wheat is only 6-12" tall.If theres anything there we may have to unlock the floating bar and cut it like soybeans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're still in high risk of frost kill too are'nt you?? I wish the best for all you folks in those situations.

#9 MOChad

MOChad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,190 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're still in high risk of frost kill too are'nt you?? I wish the best for all you folks in those situations.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OP

Here we are still at a slight risk of frost damage. However, as long as the frost doesn't get the growing point(which is underground up untill fairly late) you are basically O.K. Heck, we can have frosts in May. I'd like to start on Beans next week, but am a little gunshy yet. However, if the weather stays like it is, it's going to be very hard not to go.

Chads
Present CaseIH 7140, 7120, 5240, 5140, IH 5488, IH 1466, 966. 1480

Family IH's past M, 400x2, 450, 460x2, 706G, 856, 1256, 966, 1086, 895CIH

Too bad Ignorance isn't painful!

#10 1206SWMO

1206SWMO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,it could still frost or freeze here.In 2005 we had a week of very cold weather at the end of April and in to early May.It frosted several nights and got below freezing one night.One variety of wheat took it fine while it knocked 25 bpa off the other variety.

If it would just rain soon we could still have decent wheat.In 1981 the wheat headed short and early.It started raining in mid May and the wheat started out making 60 bpa and I was cutting it to the ground.It then rained 24" in 6 weeks and we mudded wheat out up in to August.I had out 300 acres that ended up making 40 bpa as it the end it had all shattered out.

Reply to this topic