starter on international 300 utility tractor

5 replies to this topic

#1 pats47BN

pats47BN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

installed rebuilt starter on tractor this afternoon. only one problem. once i connect the battery the starter runs and runs even with ignition switch turned off and key removed. could this be aproblem with the switch or could starter wires be installed incorrectly?

#2 f 20

f 20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:4366 706 560D 460D smta sm m 350u B F20 2mh 234 pickers 1700 loadstar plows disc 510 drill and more

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

solenoid stuck on?
4366 706d 706g 560d 460d smta sm m 350u f20 b 234 and 2mh pickers fast hich plows 56 planter 1700 loadstar and more. est.1873. hoosier homesead. t 20 td9

#3 pats47BN

pats47BN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 07:07 PM

solenoid stuck on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

new solenoid with rebuilt starter i installed. could i have wired the new starter on wrong ? i put battery cable on solenoid and ignition wire on starter.

#4 mmi

mmi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

keep us updated

Had 1 rebuilt 10 years ago,inferior parts correct was /is not available,or stocked wrong
never did fix had to put shut off in feed wire

would turn on any time
would try to start @ night or drive off if in gear during lunch

#5 pats47BN

pats47BN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

keep us updated

Had 1 rebuilt 10 years ago,inferior parts  correct was /is not available,or stocked wrong

would turn on any time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the info. mmi. i am gong to the local Case dealer on monday to try and get a new 4 wire ignition switch. old one looks pretty bad. if that's not it i'll take starter back off and return to rebuild shop. do i have the wires on correctly? 2 wires from ignition, one on small screw on solenoid and one on front of starter and battery cable to solenoid?

#6 TDK8

TDK8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

keep us updated

Had 1 rebuilt 10 years ago,inferior parts  correct was /is not available,or stocked wrong

would turn on any time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the info. mmi. i am gong to the local Case dealer on monday to try and get a new 4 wire ignition switch. old one looks pretty bad. if that's not it i'll take starter back off and return to rebuild shop. do i have the wires on correctly? 2 wires from ignition, one on small screw on solenoid and one on front of starter and battery cable to solenoid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sol. mounts on starter and a copper strap attaches from sol. to starter post. Battery cable & small (red) wire to other large post on sol. The other wire(orange) goes to small post on sol. marked (S). There is no wire that attaches to starter directly.

Reply to this topic