Photo

Anybody out there farm in Southern Ohio?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Hedrick

Steve Hedrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy rebuilding and farming with old machines. I have two IH 303 combines, one w/grain head and one w/corn head, that I use at harvest . The 4100 that I just bought is the only IH tractor that I own. I do however have an IH disc, 7 shank 3 point chisel, and a 4-16 semi mount IH plow.

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

We own and operate a 260 acre farm in Adams County, Ohio. We are located on a ridge overlooking what they call Serpent Mound. This is a prehistoric Indian mound shaped like a snake.
Our farm has been in the family for around 100 years and has always been called Mound View Farms. We have a herd of beef cattle, some riding horses and a team of work horses. We also grow alfalfa mixed hay along with some wheat, oats and some corn.
Most of my machinery is old or at least used. My hay machinery is all New Holland. I use a couple of old 303 combines and a one row IH picker to harvest my oats, wheat, and corn. I just got a 4100 IH, that I have had other posts about, that I am doing my spring field work with. Most of my tillage equipment is IH, (four bottom semi mounted plows, disc and 7 shank chisel.)
:) Just had a little time to chat this morning and thought I might start a conversation.

Steve Hedrick

#2 Red Plowboy

Red Plowboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Interests:46-B 53-Cub 1971-444. Got farming in my blood, but stuck in a truck factory. Lots of toys, books, hats, ect; ect..<br /> Looking for a plowday.

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:32 AM

Steve, I don't farm anymore but I live between Chillicothe and Waverly. I'm about 5 miles north of Waverly out by KC Raceway.
Kevin
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT 2012
I'm a frustated farmer stuck in a factory doing what a trained chimp could do.
FACTORIES SUCK!!
My photo page, http://www.flickr.co...s/81061402@N00/

#3 Steve Hedrick

Steve Hedrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy rebuilding and farming with old machines. I have two IH 303 combines, one w/grain head and one w/corn head, that I use at harvest . The 4100 that I just bought is the only IH tractor that I own. I do however have an IH disc, 7 shank 3 point chisel, and a 4-16 semi mount IH plow.

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:46 AM

Beautiful over there Kevin. I was just over to Waverly for a funeral last week. Really like those river bottom farms.
Steve

#4 IHdonnie

IHdonnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Farming, tractors, truck and tractor pulling

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:13 AM

Brown County. Right next door (almost)
1967 806 DT361

#5 MX-240

MX-240

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, trapping, shooting, IH iron, farming

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:37 PM

Pickaway County, just west of Circleville, here. Girlfriend lives a little south of Hillsboro so I'm down in your area at least once a week. Always see the sign for Serpent Mound where 73 cuts off of 62 in Hillsboro but it's been a long time since I've been there.
Check out my Pocket Rocket! LMAOl

Reply to this topic