McCormick Deering IH Farmall,Paint Chart

2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Halsall

Michael Halsall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Interests:Engines from TITANs to TURBO diesels.

McCormick-Deering & McCormick standard tread tractors.

Classic Crawlers

IH Corporate History

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:35 AM

I have found this very thorough IH paint chart.

It appeared on the Farmall Cub website on a Bulletin Board.

www.farmallcub.com see "Paint and Decals"

The chart can be found at

http://www.cleancomp... ...rt - 01.htm

This chart contains Paint Codes for IH farm tractors, construction equipment,Cub Cadets, some implements and trucks.

I have found most of this information in dribs and drabs on various websites, but not all on the one webpage.
Please "book-mark" this site as it hard to find again on Google.

The chart importantly has a cross reference of Paint Codes between the original IHC and later substitute brands.

I have been told the original Farmall Red was different to the later reds;
the chart verifies this.
I hope this helps anybody restoring anything IH!

Regards from Michael Halsall

#2 T 20

T 20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Interests:'32 T 20 with Homemade Blade & Electric Starter, '36 T 20 with homemade electric starter

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

Michael,
Thanks for the paint chart... I was going today to order the paint for my T 20. According to the chart, the pre 1949's used PPG's # 70019; the later ones used PPG's # 71310... I assume/hope this chart applies to McCormick Deering TracTracTors too... My TracTracTor is a 1936 model, so I'll order the early paint. Does anyone know which of the paints is darker/lighter??? Clean_018.jpg
Mo
'32 T 20 with Homemade Blade & Electric Starting
'36 T 20 with homemade electric starter

#3 CNKS

CNKS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

That chart has been around for a while, and is about as accurate as you can find, as far as having paint mixed. However, IH 50 was used from 1937-1949, IH 1102b from 1949-1958, IH 201 from 1958-1961, IH 2150 thereafter, I believe until IH change their painting process in the 80's. The exact dates are in the IH archives at Madison WI Historical Society. http://www.wisconsin...hines&B1=Submit 2150 is sold by Case IH, and according to Guy Fay is what CIH sells for all older tractors. My PPG dealer has no code for 1102b and 201. As the chart says IH 2150 crosses to PPG 71310/DuPont 96766, IH 50 to PPG 70019/DuPont 7410. My PPG dealer's computer says that 70019 is a Chrysler color -- I have never seen it.

Reply to this topic