18 replies to this topic

#11 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the info. There is some yellow paint left on the dozer and after seeing these pictures I guess that is how they came from the factory. I have to adjust the right steering clutch. It will not turn right until the brake kicks in. I see a plate on top of the final drive. Is this where the adjustment is? Also there is a hydraulic fitting with a plug in it in front of the seat. This TD5 has a 3 point but there is no lever to operate it so I'm guessing that it would work if I hooked up a hydraulic hose to it and to the rear hydraulic remote to operate the 3 point.?

#12 t4mike

t4mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:iddy biddy crawlers, old farm stuff, old wrenches, any odd old stuff.

Posted 15 January 2006 - 12:50 PM

steer clutch is adjusted outside tractor using the linkage rod located above the plate you mention, this cover plate is not on the final drive though... its the outboard ones on the rear main case housing. the center cover plate is the main pinion/bevel gear access or in your case the 3 point unit. the hyd fitting i think your talking bout is the hyd. return to the system or dip stick.i think i have a hyd control like the pictured for sale, might be 2 spool?? i'll see if i can find it.

#13 jhcroix

jhcroix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Old Tractors, NASCAR Racing, Politics-- USN Retired - "They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the LORD, and his wonders in the deep." Psalms 107:23-24

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:38 AM

I need decals for TD6, 62 series and for a 1959 TD5. I got a website from here for the TD6. It's called BINDER BOOKS in Oregon. They don't have TD5 listed. Has anyone seen the TD6 decals from there? Does it have the large IH decal on the rear of the seat tank? Where can I get decals for the TD5? Also I need the Chrome INTERNATIONAL sign for the hood on the TD5. Where can I find one? Would that sign be the same as another International tractor? Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a place in the Dallas-Fort Worth area called Express Signs, Phone # 800-589-5799 that will make up decals for you - not to expensive - pretty quick on delivery.

#14 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:53 PM

Thanks guys. I'll try post a pic.

#15 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

TD5_007.jpg Thanks guys. I'll try post a pic.

#16 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:11 PM

TD5_003.jpg That took a while to do but it worked. Since the pic was taken I've fixed the seat so it adjusts and is straight and am getting new seat cushions. I'll try another pic.

#17 chip man

chip man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

3_point_hose.JPG
Ok, the hose with the arrow is to lift the three point arms. Gravity lowers them. Probably the PO used the hyd. ports for the 3 point as a rear remote hookup.

Copy_of_adjustment_1.jpg Copy_of_adjustment_2.jpg

Steering clutch and brake adjustment pages are from TD-5's manual

_15_bullgrader.gif

If you have the model 15 bullgrader, yellow is correct.

#18 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:30 PM

Thanks guys. Another guy was looking for the 3pt. arms for a 500. Anyone have a pic of the complete TD5 3pt?

#19 t4mike

t4mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:iddy biddy crawlers, old farm stuff, old wrenches, any odd old stuff.

Posted 20 January 2006 - 08:22 AM

fyi, only 1 pair of td5 and 1 ih decals left. tanks.

Reply to this topic