18 replies to this topic

#1 TD62MB

TD62MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:13 AM

I need decals for TD6, 62 series and for a 1959 TD5. I got a website from here for the TD6. It's called BINDER BOOKS in Oregon. They don't have TD5 listed. Has anyone seen the TD6 decals from there? Does it have the large IH decal on the rear of the seat tank? Where can I get decals for the TD5? Also I need the Chrome INTERNATIONAL sign for the hood on the TD5. Where can I find one? Would that sign be the same as another International tractor? Thanks.

#2 TD-5

TD-5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:53 AM

Hello TD62MB, there is a forum member on here named T-4 mike, he has reproduction decals for the T4,T5 & TD-5. They are very nice, I have a set on mine. The name plates are a little harder to find, They came on several model Ag tractors: ie 240, 340, 460. I searched for quite a while before a gent from a dealer in Pennsylvania contacted me with a very nice used set. they are out there but it may take a little time to track down a decent set .

Here's a couple of pics of Mikes' decals on my TD-5
Copy_of_rebuild_052.JPG Copy_of_rebuild_046.JPG

Doug.
Going to Sea is like going to jail, with the chance of Drowning
G.M. 2 stroke motto: "Run em like you hate em".

#3 Martyn Williams

Martyn Williams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Interests:LEEDS UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, lifelong fan<br />All types of construction equipment, Cat,Ih,JCB,RB machines<br />Email mgwilliams2005@fsmail.net

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

You can get the chrome plates from a supplier in the UK,if you are interested,let me know.

#4 gilligan

gilligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:13 AM

Hello TD62MB, there is a forum member on here named T-4 mike, he has reproduction decals for the T4,T5 & TD-5. They are very nice, I have a set on mine. The name plates are a little harder to find, They came on several model Ag tractors: ie 240, 340, 460. I searched for quite a while before a gent from a dealer in Pennsylvania contacted me with a very nice used set. they are out there but it may take a little time to track down a decent set .

Here's a couple of pics of Mikes' decals on my TD-5
Copy_of_rebuild_052.JPG Copy_of_rebuild_046.JPG

Doug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beautiful work there TD-5, 1rst close up shots I've seen of it.
I bet I could literally eat off your shop floor, so I must tell you that's
pretty much the only way I can also work, would love to see more photos.

Gilligan

#5 magicmikey

magicmikey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  • Interests:I may be slow but my work is poor.

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

Gilligan
Not only can you eat off the shop floor, there is greenery all around inside too. :D Kinda like the lush type you find on tropical isles. :lol:
mike

#6 TD-5

TD-5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

Gilligan, Its not the kinda greenery you've been chasing Mary-ann & Ginger around all these years :D , Momma gets to bring her flowering plants in to hibernate for the winter, gotta keep mamma happy ya Know :rolleyes:

I threw some pictures on "yesterdays tractors"a while back, just do a search for TD-5 & they should come up.

Doug

#7 gilligan

gilligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

Gilligan, Its not the kinda greenery you've been chasing Mary-ann & Ginger around all these years :D , Momma gets to bring her flowering plants in to hibernate for the winter, gotta keep mamma happy ya Know :rolleyes:

I threw some pictures on "yesterdays tractors"a while back, just do a search for TD-5 & they should come up.

Doug

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks there Doug, looks like paradise to me!! I just gotta
know, with your available resources why you chose the TD-5 model &
why this one. I have a T-340 that's way low on the totem pole as far as
getting to it for it's restoration day & I now see with your photos many
similarities.

p.s. it's funny how the girls kept tripping in the jungle
as I do beileve they enjoyed getting caught!!

Gilligan

#8 TD-5

TD-5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

gilligan, originally bought machine in 93 for job leveling fill for new horse barn, it was very tired at that point. worked it around ranch at various jobs, winter of 98 finally tore out LH steering clutch,& there was alot more wrong with it than just the clutch, machine sat in shop partially disassembled utill it was either "scrap it or fix it" but get it out of the shop. Saw a very nicely restored T-5 on the internet which kinda lit a fire under me, & well the rest is history.

Doug

begin_00.jpg begin_02.jpg begin_04.jpg chment]

#9 Restoman

Restoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:39 AM

Yes, that's probably the nicest TD5, I've seen B) , Wow eh!

TD62MB, yeah, I've gotten decals from Binders for an older model 6. They're purdy decent quality. The set I got, came with a smaller IH logo for the back of the tank, but I ordered a larger seperate one. You can get bout any size ya want, not very expensive.
Giving Old Iron New Life:
It's a Pleasure to Create a Treasure

#10 gilligan

gilligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:05 AM

gilligan, originally bought machine in 93 for job leveling fill for new horse barn, it was very tired at that point. worked it around ranch at various jobs, winter of 98 finally tore out LH steering clutch,& there was alot more wrong with it than just the clutch, machine sat in shop  partially disassembled utill it was either "scrap it or fix it" but get it out of the shop. Saw a very nicely restored T-5 on the internet which kinda lit a fire under me, & well the rest is history.

Doug

begin_00.jpg begin_02.jpg begin_04.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like another love story to me, certainly one I
can appreciate, thanks for filling in the gaps for me.

Gilligan

Reply to this topic