11 replies to this topic

#11 Mr. Brookville

Mr. Brookville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

I love game cameras. And they are getting cheaper all the time. We first hung them up to see Deer and Turkeys but usually get pictures of Rhinos and Gators and Kodiacks and such ( 4 wheelers and side by sides) Amazing what happens when you present Dad with pictures of what Jr. has been up to. And they always seem to have a gas can in the back with a hose...I have them around the barn yard as well. Watch the fuel tank and barn doors. You might be surprised at what critters are around at night and what time of the day the deer are in the orchards as well.

#12 Cattech

Cattech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Yellow, Red, and Green diesel tech - old and new
    Corvettes
    Sleds and ATVs
    Cub Cadets, I run a 2165 currently

in Pa's shed - IH 3788, H, 815 corn & soybean special, JD 4320, 3010, Case 1845C

and now, a Link Belt 4300C !@#$%^
    As if I needed another thing to fix...

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

In the case of the baler - could the oil be getting sprayed into the bales? Had a guy rent a tractor from us last year, lost 20 some gallons of oil a day and couldn't figure it out, thought the rental tractor had some sort of leak. They put a different tractor on the grain cart, and it lost all it's oil. Come to find out a seal on the auger cylinder was spraying oil when he swung it out, and it injected the oil into the grain. By the time the cart was cleaned out, the grain had wiped everything down clean.

But I also agree that somebody might be "borrowing" oil. Pretty fishy when everything on multiple farms start losing oil at the same time and nobody can find a leak. Used Hytran and similar makes really good diesel fuel once it has been filtered, and thieves have figured out that fuel barrels have been getting locked up nowdays.

Reply to this topic