lp

12 replies to this topic

#1 crustychrysler

crustychrysler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:IH's,Oliver's,Mopar muscle cars
    Pretty much anything that is fast, loud, looks good,has tires or final drives,and to cover my in-laws.......annoying! LOL!

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:58 PM

I just found a 706 farmal lp, wfe,runs,15 hrs on overhaul pistons,rings,liners& bearings.He says everything works,needs tires and lp leak repaired.1000$. have not seen it yet, going to look at it tonight, might post pics tommorrow.Texas tractor moved to northern Kentucky,odd around here.
Can anyone give me some info on it?How many made, Are they rare or collectable,desirable,usable or a turd.The price tag is throwing me off.Can the lp leak be fixed,can you even get parts?Or would this make a good diesel swap tractor,if so what?
My 504 is coming together slowly but nicely, thanks for everyones help, hope to here soon!
Tkanks Chris
P.S. May need paulbearers soon when she finds out!!!
CrustyChrysler

#2 tommyw-5088

tommyw-5088

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,230 posts
  • Interests:trying to educate people on how bad liberals are .

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Worth a thousand easy if it runs .
To all the white people of America who honestly feel that the black people have been so mistreated and given such a bad deal in this country I can only suggest that you should move yourself and your family, if you have such, into one of their neighborhoods and do everything necessary to become a integral part of their society, make every effort to blend your lifestyle into theirs, go to their stores, churches, and social gathering places for your needed things in life. send your children to schools where their children are the majority of the enrollment, and where they mostly compose the faculty and administration, get a job where they are in the majority and hold the important management positions...and most importantly of all, go the many prisons where they are being, justly...and unjustly, incarcerated and visit them and see them trying to be rehabilitated, but obviously so suppressed in their efforts that rehabilitation is just impossible. Then, after you have really gotten to know these people...many, many, many of them, from all walks of their lives and societies, and seeing their obvious appreciation of life in America, come forward and make suggestions as to how we white people should go about changing our ideals and society to better accept and integrate these people into our lives so that in a reasonable amount time there will be no more distinctions or differences in how we whites and blacks view each other and the hoped for blending and melding of our races can be completed and we can love and appreciate one another as you must think God intended.

I cannot take credit for these words ,Wish i could

#3 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Farmall 56 and 66 series.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

to me, any tractor that size that runs and works,is worth at least 3 times that much. The only thing on lp that can't be repaired is the tank its self.
I do not know if they are rare,but if I remember right you can change that back to gasoline pretty easy
"CROPS ARE GREEN-TRACTORS ARE RED"
"the only way to learn is to ask questions"
43 farmall h
1966 656 D
197? 574 D
1968 756 D
AC c

#4 Guest_Robert Drummond_*

Guest_Robert Drummond_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Not too mention, Refueling Head aches !

#5 Harold H

Harold H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Interests:MY COLLECTION: (TOYS)
    1947 International I-4
    1961 Volkswagon Beetle "Herbie"
    196? Hobie Cat 16'7"
    1968 Cub Cadet 122
    1970 Cub Cadet 105
    1982 Fiat 124 Spider
    1988 Suzuki/Amphijeep "Baby Duck"
    1992 Alegro/Ford E350 Class C Motor Home
    1996 Ford F250 4x4 Diesel
    FORMER COLLECTION TRACTORS:
    1950 Farmall H
    1957 Farmall 130 High Clear
    196? Minn Moline 110
    1968 Cub Cadet 123
    197? Cub Cadet 582
    197? Cub Cadet 12??
    1980 Struck Mini Dozer
    ALSO LIKE:
    Antique airplanes
    Antique cars & trucks
    Trains
    Travel

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

A very large precentage of the Farmall 706's sold new in the Mississippi Delta were LPG. A very good and reliable tractor. You should definitely keep it on LPG.

IMHO
Harold H

#6 Super M don

Super M don

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I really like my Farmall 706LP. I paid $2,500 for it and have since put new tires on the rear and just last month put a new radiator in it. Otherwise it's all origianal. Not sure how many hours are on it but am pretty sure the head has never been removed. It still starts and runs great.

#7 Old-F20

Old-F20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts
  • Interests:Professional BUM, Part time Slacker, antique tractor and car restorer

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Not too mention, Refueling Head aches !

really???? pretty sure a blind 10 year old can refuel one from a transfer tank

i can fill my 450LP faster than i can slug around 5 gallon jugs and fill my 450 gasser

If you dont want that 706LP, id sur ebuy it for a stable mate to my 806LP
leave it LP, its kind of scarce as an original LP. I f you do decide to work it hard, better get ready to deal with a thirsty ole girl!
"It takes less time to do something right than it does to explain why you did it wrong" Grandmas advice

GENIUS BY BIRTH, SLACKER BY CHOICE

#8 crustychrysler

crustychrysler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
    Pretty much anything that is fast, loud, looks good,has tires or final drives,and to cover my in-laws.......annoying! LOL!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

o.k.,so I guess I'm getting a 706 for a stable mate to my 504!!!(as soon as I can sell my scrap)He says the fill valve leaks, no fenders,he still has the cab that was on it,it looks aftermarket some windows broke, the wind blew it over but the sheet metal doesn't show signs of a cab. I don't farm, just help my uncle on sundays,but I love old tractors and like to mess with them more than my old cars anymore.Here are some pics, thanks for your help, I'm sure I will have more questions.I appreciate it!
Thanks Chris

by the way i have found that with toys of the past, It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission or else she won't let you get anything.

Attached Thumbnails

• PICT0176.JPG
  • PICT0182.JPG

CrustyChrysler

#9 oak hill farmall family

oak hill farmall family

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Farmall 56 and 66 series.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

nice lookin tractor,we need pics of the cab too. :rolleyes:
"CROPS ARE GREEN-TRACTORS ARE RED"
"the only way to learn is to ask questions"
43 farmall h
1966 656 D
197? 574 D
1968 756 D
AC c

#10 crustychrysler

crustychrysler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

So, what are the downsides and the week links? I did not ask this question with my 504 when i bought it for tug pulling, not many hot rod options available like the m's & 450's have
CrustyChrysler

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lp